Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Mazie's doing pretty good again today. We're just at that same stumbling block we've been at before. She keeps getting incredibly tired during her feedings. She eats a bunch, and then stops, or eats a bunch, and 'Bradys' which basically means she stops eating, and breathing at the same time. Her breathing slows dramatically, and alarms, bells, and whistles go off. You basically just move her and it snaps her back into reality, and breathing again, but she just gets so sleepy.

She's got some growing up to do it seems. It's just incredibly frustrating to see... she's been doing so well up to this point, and now it's not even that she's doing badly... she's just stagnant. I wonder if this was what it was like for my parents to see me in school, knowing all the things I know, but stagnating, and not moving forward. I really hope that I don't have to experience that with Mazie, because this part is just ridiculously frustrating, and disheartening, because it makes me feel so helpless. I like to fix things, and this is something only Mazie can fix.

It'll happen... I just hope it's soon, and I wish there was something I could do.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Hey, apples and oranges, Jake, apples and oranges. You can't equate Mazie's physical development to your school experience. I do appreciate your guilt,;-) but let it go. I loved you as much then as you do Mazie now.

Mazie will be fine. Just be patient with her. I love you. Wish I were there to help you worry.